Chana Chaat is a quick and easy recipe. It is a healthy snack. It can be made in iftaries. Chana Chaat is full of vitamins and minerals it is a super food due to its nutritional value. It is made simply by mixing boiled chickpeas, potatoes, onion, and tomato with spices. Iftar’s menu must include such recipes because they fulfill body energy requirements.
There are many varieties of chana chaat from aloo chaat to papdi chaat but this one is my favorite and it is frequently made in our home because everyone loved it. I also love to eat chana chaat with samosas and aloo tikki. You can garnish according to your choice but I use the same ingredients for garnishing as used in its making.
Nutrition in Chana Chaat:
This is an approximate calculation of nutritions
6 Health Benefits of White channa/ chickpeas
Chickpeas control blood sugar levels because they contain amylose starch which disgests slowly.
They help in digestion because they are rich in dietary fibers
Chickpeas lower cholesterol thus they prevent heart diseases.
They help prevent cancer because they contain short-chain fatty acids called butyrate which helps remove dead and dying cells.
They are a rich source of calcium, magnesium, and other nutrients that helps in bone development and strength.
Chickpeas contain choline that boosts brain functioning.
Here you can find recipes for appetizer.
- Take two cups of boiled channa and one cup of boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of red chili powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin powder, 1 and 1/2 tsp of chat masala, and salt according to taste.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of green chutney and 2 tbsp of imli juice and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of sliced onion and 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes, and 2 tbsp of fresh coriander and mix well.
- Chana chat is ready to eat.