Health benefits of Shaljam
Shaljam is a winter veggie it provides a lot of health and nutritional benefits
These are good for heart health.
It promotes liver health by protecting it from hepatic fibrogenesis.
It is good for the health of the skin.
Turnips contain sulforaphane that fights against oxidative stress and ultimately helps to protect from cancer.
- Add onion (3 medium), garlic (12 cloves), tomatoes (2 large), and water with 1ts of salt in a cooker.
- Cover the cooker with lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- When all things become soft and tender then off the flame.
- Now open the cooker and drain the water in a bowl.
- Mash onion, garlic, and tomato with the potato masher.
- Add oil and begin cooking on medium flame.
- Now add the spices and chicken and cook until the chicken becomes tender.
- Peel the turnips and wash very well and cut into pieces.
- Put a pan with 1/2 cup oil on medium flame.
- Add turnips in hot oil and stir for 3,4 minutes.
- On the other side when oil appears on the chicken.
- Add the turnip and cook for 10 minutes with chicken.
- Now cover the pan and simmer it until the turnip becomes soft.
- Mash the turnips and stir for 2 minutes.
- Now sprinkle the allspice powder, coriander leaves and green chili and cover for 5 minutes.
- Now open the pan and serve in a beautiful bowl with bread or white rice.