Dry chili chicken is a Chinese dish. You can make it at home with simple ingredients which are available in every kitchen. You can also find this dish in local Chinese restaurants in Pakistan. It is served as an appetizer or starter. You can also eat it with egg fried rice or simple boiled rice. It is super spicy. It can be satisfying for you if you are a spice lover.
Ingredients of Dry Chilli Chicken
It is a source of protein. You can also replace it with beef as well.
Green Bell Pepper:
You can use other bell peppers as well.
It is the main ingredient of this recipe. It adds spice and flavor to the recipe.
sauces are added in a balanced amount to give them sweet, savory flavors.
Tips for Dry Chilli Chicken Recipe
Fry ginger until it is crispy. It adds a good flavor to the recipe.
Do not overcook chicken. Otherwise, it becomes stiff and the recipe lost its texture.
You can deseed the green chillies before cutting. But if you are a spice lover then you can use it as it is.
Some people also add red food color to give deep red color the recipe but try to avoid it instead use good quality paprika powder for a deep red color.
Do not over-fry bell pepper otherwise it will lost its crunch
Nutrition in Dry Chilli Chicken
These values are approximate calculations that vary with ingredients and quantity og ingredients
Here are some more chinese recipes
Let’s stay connected:Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Give us your feedback in comment section.
- Take chicken in a bowl add salt, black pepper, and corn flour and mix well. keep the marinade for 30 minutes.
- heat oil and add ginger slices and fry for 2 minutes till slightly crispy. Then add minced garlic and toss until golden.
- Add chicken and cook on high heat.
- When color of chicken changes to light golden then add bell pepper. cook for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Then add oyster sauce, soy sauce, chili garlic ketchup and brown sugar . Mix well soo everything is coated well with sauces.
- Then add sliced green chilies and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Dry chili chicken is ready to be served.