Momos are also know as dumplings. These are made from flour and savory stuffing. Stuffing can be made from chicken, mutton, vegges and paneer. Momos/dumplings basically originated from Nepal. This is an easy recipe of vegetable dumplings. Momos can be steamed as well as fried. This is a recipe of steam vegetable momos which is an authentic version of momos.
These can be steamed as well as fried.
Nutrients in vegetable Momos
These values are approximate calculations that vary with ingredients.
Tips for Best Vegetable Momos
Dough should be firm. it should not be sticky otherwise it would be hard to give them shape.
Chicken, mutton, and vegetable stuffing are filled in momos. you can also add paneer or cheese in momos stuffing.
keep momos at an adequate distance from each other in a steamer otherwise they stick with each other.
Momos becomes transparent when fully cooked and the dough is no more sticky upon touch.
Here you can find recipes for more appetizers and snacks.
- For dumpling dough
- Take all-purpose flour in a bowl, add salt, and oil in it, and mix well.
- Add a small amount of water to make a firm dough then keep it aside for 30 minutes. Vegetable stuffing making
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add oil to it.
- Then add chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add finely chopped green onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped vegetables and saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add soya sauce, salt, and black pepper and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Turn off the flame, check the spices add if required.
- Set it aside to cool down Making momos
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and then form a log.
- Cut the log into 8-9 pieces and form a ball of each piece.
- Cover the rest of the dough with a moist napkin
- Roll each ball to form a circle with a diameter of 3-4 inches.
- Put 3 tbsp of stuffing at the center.
- pick one edge of the circle and start pleating until joins to the other end.
- Prepare all momos this way and keep them covered with a moist napkin. Setting steamer
- Take water in a steamer and let the water starts boiling.
- Grease the steamer and put momos over it.
- steam them for 5-6 minutes. do not over-steam them, over steaming makes them dry.
- When momos are done touch them they do not feel sticky and give a transparent look.
- Steaming time varies depending on the thickness of the momo cover.