kalay chanay or chickpeas in many varieties are available in South Asian stores. Sock these chickpeas for a few hours and for overnight before making them. You tried kalay chanay as an aloo chat many times. I have made this kalay chanay as a curry and it is Pakistani classic dish. Chickpeas lovers can try this simple and tasty kalay chanay recipe. Serve kalay chanay ka salan or curry with boiled rice and with homemade roti.
- Wash the kale chaany very well.
- Sock in water for 4 hours and put aside.
- Now cut the 3 onions, 2 large tomatoes and 15 cloves of garlic in a pressure cooker.
- Cover the cooker with lid and whistle on it and put it on high flame.
- When the whistle began to ring, off the flame after 7 mins.
- Open the cooker when it becomes cool and on the flame for cooking.
- Now dry the water if it appears and starts cooking.
- Add (1 cup) cooking oil and (2tsp) coriander powder, (2tsp) red chili powder, (1tsp) cumin powder,(1tsp) salt in the cooker and stir for 10 mins.
- Little water can be added during the stirring for save to burn the gravy.
- Now add the past of(2tsp) ginger, (3) green chili and stir.
- After some time the oil appears on the surface, now add water as need.
- Now close the cooker with lid and whistle for some time again on high flame.
- When the whistle rings, off the flame after 4 mins.
- After some time, open the cooker and add (1/2tsp) allspice powder.
- Now the kale chany are ready to serve.