Namak pare is an easy snack. It can be made instantly and can be enjoyed with tea as a snack. You can also store them for later use. It is a classical snack of Pakistan and India.
You can vary this recipe by just changing the condiments or herbs if you want to add any.
Ingredients of Namak Pare:
Wheat flour/ All-purpose flour:
You can use any of the flour or half of each flour.
You can use different condiments for making Diamond cuts.
add oil while making dough. And the fry in deep oil
Tips and tricks for making Namak pare:
The dough should be firm.
Fry in hot oil.
Cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
Here are some more recipes for appetizers and snacks
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Give us your feedback in the comment section.
- Sieve wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Then add carom seeds, cumin seeds, crushed black pepper, and mix every thing.
- Add oil/ ghee. Add water in parts and knead to make a dough.
- Dough should be tough and firm, cover and rest for 30 minutes.
- Take a medium sized portion of the dough and make its balls in the palm of your hands.
- Then roll it into round on a lightly dusted rolling board.
- Then cut it into diamonds with the help of knife.
- Then deep fry in a hot oil until crispy and golden browned.
- Remove from oil and drain to remove excess oil and let them cool.
- Enjoy instantly or store in an air tight container for storage.
- Serve them with tea as a snacks