Pakora is a popular appetizer and snack. It is also common street food. Pakora is crunchy and made with vegetables like spinach, potato, onion, cabbage, green chilies, and spices. Gram flour is a major ingredient in pakoras. It can be served along with tea as a snack. It can also be eaten with ketchup or mint raita.
There are many varieties like vegetables, mirchi, and chicken pakora but vegetable pakora’s is my favorite. It is a great treat for taste buds. Children also love to eat such snacks. It is a major snack during rainy reason.
Nutrition in Pakora (13g)
These values are approximate calculations that vary with ingredients.
Rich in vitamins and minerals
Have a good quantity of antioxidants.
It reduces hunger but regulates hunger hormones.
Gram flour is a rich source of fiber.
It is a good source of proteins.
Health Benefits of Vegetables
Vegetables are good sources of vitamins and minerals.
They are rich in fiber so help in digestion.
Lowers blood pressure.
Vegetables are rich in folate so help in making blood.
Vegetables reduce the cholesterol level in the body.
Here you can check recipes for other appetizers.
- Cut spinach and add it to a bowl.
- Then add sliced onion, julien cut potato and carrots, and cabbage in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of fresh coriander to vegetables
- Then add salt, red chili powder, crushed coriander, cumin, turmeric it vegetables and mix well.
- Add 1 and 3/4 cup of strained gram flour and 1 tbsp of rice flour and mix well.
- Add little water to it to make its mixture.
- Take a spoonful of mixture and fry them.
- Delicious and crispy pakoras are ready to eat.