Rice is a super versatile dish. It can be cooked in a variety of ways, and each rice recipe is a unique combination. Kalay chanay ka pulao is also a unique combination of rice and kalay chanay. Kalay chanay ka pulao is an easy one-pot dish for weekend lunches. It is good not only in taste but also has a lot of health benefits.
Nutrition per serving in kalay chanay boiled
What are the health benefits of kalay chanay/ black chicken peas?
- Rich in protein and nutrition content.
- As these are high in protein and fiber and low in calories these are used for weight loss diets.
- kalay chanay is rich in vitamins, minerals, manganese, folate, copper, and phosphorous, which can keep cholesterol at a low level which in turn is good for heart health.
- Its fiber content prevents constipation by hydrating the colon.
- It is good for diabetic patients because it regulates blood sugar levels.
Health benefits of rice
- Rich source of carbohydrates which is a body’s main fuel as it provides energy to the body.
- it is rich in fiber content, which solves digestion problems.
- Rice is a rich source of vitamin B which regulates the nervous system.
- Antioxidants in rice slow down the aging process.
- low-sodium foods like rice are good for heart health and controlling blood pressure.
- Take one cup of oil in a pan and heat it.
- Then add sliced onions in it and fry them until their color changes slightly.
- then add ginger garlic paste and cook for one minute.
- Then add all other spices, mix and cook well.
- Add chopped tomato and green chilies to it.
- Then add boiled kalay chanay in it and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add water ( double the amount of rice) and let it boil.
- After first boil check the salt and then add soaked rice in it.
- Cover and cook on medium-high flame for 5 minutes.
- Then cook on very low flame for 10 minutes.
- kalay chanay ka pulao is ready to be served.
Soak kalay chanay over night before boiling.
Add one tbsp of salt during boiling.
Soak rice for half an hour.