The word “Halwa” originates from the Arabic word “Hulw” which means sweet. It is also meant as sweet in Classical Turkish Dictionary. It is included in a family of desserts and is made in a variety of forms. Every event is incomplete without desserts. Halwa is made on special occasions to celebrate them with family and friends. this recipe of makhandi halwa is easy and liked by everyone. People on diet often ignore the importance of glucose in body. They do not intake sugar containing meals. Sugar is a composed of glucose and fructose which is an instant source of energy. Makhandi halwa provides enough sugar for the body.
Health benefits of salmonella/suji
- Improves heart health
- Prevents anemia
- Healthy muscle
- Prevents overeating
- Boost energy
- Weight loss
- Provide immunity
Health and Nutritional benefits
- Health benefits of dry fruits:
- A great source of antioxidants improves blood flow, and better digestive system, reduces the risk of many diseases.
- Nutritional benefits of salmonella:
- It is a great source of healthy carbohydrates, protein fibers and iron. It also contains many other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Nutritional benefits of dry fruits:
- These are source of fiber and contains antioxidants especially polyphenols.
Nutritional facts per serving:
Other halwa recipes include suji ka halwa, besan ka halwa, gajar ka halwa.
- Take 2 cup of Soji in a bowl ,add 2 cup of milk in it and mix it to make a batter.
- Keep batter overnight so that Soji absorbs milk in it.
- Take 2 cup of desi ghee in cooking pot and let it warm.
- Add 2 green cardamom in warm ghee.
- Then add 2 cup of sugar in it and mix it until sugar slightly changes its color and texture.
- Then add one cup of water in it. Flame should be low at this point to avoid any burning from oil.
- Mix it well and cook it until sugar melts and its color become golden brown.
- Then add Soji and milk batter in it and mix it in back and forth position not in round motion.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on low medium flame until ghee separates from soji and aroma of soji comes. Garnishing
- Then dish out the halwa and garnish it with fried dry fruits.
- Halwa is ready to be served.