This simple recipe for Punjabi sabut masoor dal is very easy to make. This recipe is very common on the South Asian side. Try this simple recipe by this method. Serve this sabut masoor ki daal with boiled white rice and garnish chopped dhania and slices of green chilli to make it tastier.
- Clean and wash the (2 cups) black masoor
- Soak the masoor in water for 30 minutes
- Blend the 7 green chilies, 10 cloves of garlic and the piece of 2'' garlic blend together in a shaker and put aside.
- Put the pressure cooker on the flame.
- Add the blended past in it with (1/2 cup) of oil and cook until brown.
- Add some water and cover now for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander powder (2 tsp), cumin (1 tsp), red chili powder (2 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp,) and salt as taste and cook with little water until the oil separates.
- Add the black masoor and (1,1/2 litter) water.
- Cover the cooker with lid and whistle on high flame.
- Cook for 22 minutes, when the whistle began to start.
- After 22 minutes off the flame and weight for whistle calm down.
- Now open the cooker and serve black masoor with white rice.