Sattu ka sharbat is a summer drink that reduces the effect of heat in our body and provides a cooling effect to the body. There are many ways of making sattu but here i am sharing only one recipe of satu. Some people like sweet sattu drink while some do not like sweet sattu ka sharbat.
Ingredients for making sattu drink:
Sattu is made of jau by different steps.
You can use jaggery as well as white sugar but i recommend jaggery because white sugar is not a healthy option.
Just to balance the taste of jaggery and lemon.
To enhance the flavor of sattu lemon juice is added.
Tips and triks of making sattu:
After soaking barley air dry it completely so no moisture remains in it otherwise, its quality disturbs.
Use jaggery instead of sugar.
Some people soak jau before roasting while some people boil jau before sattu so it is upto you but remember there is no moisture while roasting.
You can store sattu in air tight container for upto 3 months.
Here are some more recipes for different drinks
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Give us your feedback in the comment section. Thanks
- Drink making
- Take 2 cups of barley in a bowl wash it with water and rinse. Then again add water and remove impurities by strainer. and let it soak for 4 hours.
- Then air dry soaked barley until dries completely.
- Then roast it in pan until cracking sounds comes from them. Drink making
- Take 2 tbsp of jaggery in a glass add 2 tbsp of Satu, lemon juice and pinch of black salt. Then add water as required and mix everything well.
- Add 2 cubes of ice in a glass of satu and enjoy this cooling and refreshing drink.