Shakarparay is a light sweet snack that can be served with tea.It is a sugar-coated snack that is crispy and munchy. These are deep-fried. Some people also add semolina (suji) or other flavors. First, you have to knead a stiff dough and then cut it into cubes. Deep fried these cubes then toss them into sugar syrup so they are coated with crystalline sugar. You can store them in an air tight container for upto 4 days.
Ingredients of Shakarparay recipe
All-purpose flour: It is the basic ingredient of this recipe. Add salt, ghee, and water to knead a stiff dough.
Ghee: add 3 tbsp of ghee while kneading the dough to add crispiness to shakarparay.
Cardamom: you can add cardamom as an aromatic ingredient.
Sugar: As the name shows these are sweet. shakar means sweet/ sugar.
Salt: Add a pinch of salt while kneading the dough.
Tips and tricks
Knead stiff dough.
Deep-fry the cuts until they are lightly golden.
Cook sugar syrup to one-string consistency.
Store in an airtight container for up to four days.
Recipes of other quick appetizers and snacks
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Give us your feedback in the comment section. Thanks
- Take all-purpose in a bowl, add pinch of salt, 3 tbsp of ghee and mix well.
- Then add water to make stiff dough.
- Dust all-purpose flour on surface then roll into flat round with rolling pin.
- Cut into small pieces. Then fry into oil until crispy and light golden.
- Then add sugar in a pan when it melts add 1/4 cup of water and 2 green cardamom. When sugar syrup thickens into one string consistency.
- Then add fried cuts into syrup and mix soo each piece is coated with sugar.
- Store in air tight container.